Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to have a space where I can share art ideas, art lessons, and information that can help other art teachers become great.  I have been teaching art for nine years.  This school year is my tenth and I am excited.  Years of hard work are starting to manifest.  I can see a difference in my classroom management and in my lessons.  I can really see a difference in my students.  I believe that my purpose is to reach kids, to touch their lives.  I have the opportunity this year to teach over 900 elementary students.  It has taken me a while to realize the importance of my role in the school but I know that the arts are important. 
Please allow me to share some things that I have stumbled upon and things that I have learned along the way.  I am always learning and I am open to suggestions, so please feel free to share.
Please enjoy the lesson plans and articles that are soon to come. 
Being an art teacher is wonderful.  Go make something beautiful today!

No comments:

Post a Comment